QuickCam 5000 HVideoS Com Error
FireMedOH
2006-04-26 20:04:02 UTC
I have a Gateway Desktop with an AMD Gig processor, 512 RAM, Windows XP Pro
SP 2. I get a HvideoS Com Server error when trying to open the camera.
Logitech could not help after 7 phone calls. They thought that it was a
conflict with wndows and told me to talk to microsoft. The message boards
are full of this problem on their site. I have done 2 clean installs and
have the latest software and windows updates. Help! Thanks in advance!
FireMedicOH
Bubblehead
2006-05-11 09:23:02 UTC
FireMedOh, did you ever get resolution to your problem? I recently
installed the same camera on my XP system and get the exact same error. I
removed and reinstalled 4 times, I restored my system to an earlier
checkpoint and reinstalled...but still get the same error. Hoping you can
help. thanks
FireMedicOH
FireMedOH
FireMedicOH
decoder
2006-05-12 23:58:15 UTC
MS do Not list this as a supported device with XP drivers:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300461/en-us

A quick scour of drivers guide site does not list this
as a known device?
http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=dosearch&qm0=QuickCam+5000&qa7=Windows+XP&sm=s

This is Logitech's support page for that product, you can download
and install new software - which may resolve the problem?
Or you can view the full support info about the product linked
to the right:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/GB/EN,CRID=1794,contentid=11022